Varanasi City Tour helps to promote tourism in Varanasi. It is the perfect place to visit, if you are enthusiast to explore culture, tradition, festival and lifestyle of India. We help travelers and students, in search of, a peaceful accommodation, quality Indian food, and the possibilities of discovering the city, guided by experienced mentors.
Who We Are
The idea of establishing VARANASI CITY TOUR generated from minds of passionate independent travellers. To name a few of them Santosh Singh, Rajanish Gupta, Nilesh Kumar and many more. Santosh is an Italian language expert who traveled to Italy, Sweden, Denmark and across India. Rajanish is an English and German language expert, and is assistant professor of English at a prestigious college of Varanasi. He traveled to Germany, Middle East and various Indian cities. Nilesh is a software professional based in Delhi, with a passion for travelling. While travelling across the world, they understood the common and specific issues of the travelers. Problems related to accommodation, tour duration, safety, meals and so on. In order to facilitate tours and address such issues VARANASI CITY TOUR was established. It’s a five year old company with specialization in destination management.
Why Varanasi City Tour
Varanasi city tour provides information about geography, climate, culture, tradition, people, and arts and culture of Varanasi. We also provide information to tourists such as accommodation, money exchange, ATM machine for money withdrawal, food and a suitable guide for them if they need. Varanasi is said to be oldest city of world. There are many tourist attractions in the city. We help in promotion of tourism in Varanasi, India. Many tourist come here every year to explore culture and tradition. Our aim is to help them to see beauty of the city and help them to visit important places.
Santosh Singh, who has worked for almost 10 years with an Indian-Italian company, is the director of Varanasi City tour. He is experienced in providing services to professionals, who are willing to deal with local Government Institution, tourist agencies, journalist and academics in Varanasi, Delhi and Mumbai. He also serves as tutor and guide, to both students and tourists.
Our mission is to help visitors to explore the holy city of Varanasi, and discover the beauty of river Ganga, Ghats, temples, and become part of religious occasions and Indian festivals.
Our Goal is to make Varanasi the most memorable destination on earth.
Our vision is to spread amazing and interesting facts and valuable knowledge of Varanasi to all over the world.
Varanasi, the holy city of India, is also known by the name of Kashi and Benaras. Kashi, the city of Moksha for Hindus since centuries, is known for its fine-quality silks, ‘paan’ and Banares Hindu University and Avimukta of the ancient days. Varanasi is the most popular pilgrimage point for the Hindus.
One of the seven holiest cities, Varanasi is also one of the Shakti Peethas and one of the twelve Jyotir Linga sites in India. In Hinduism it is believed, that those who die and are cremated here get an instant gateway to liberation from the cycle of births and re-births.
What to do
Varanasi is one of the popular tourist destination in India. It is famous due to it’s temples, ghats, culture and river Ganga. The most popular things to do in Varanasi.
- Walk along the Ghats.
- Morning boating in river Ganga will fill you with spiritual power. Many people can be spotted at Ghats doing yoga and meditation in morning hours.
- See beautiful architecture of temples. Temple’s bells and mantras will release all your problems.
- Experience evening Ganga Aarti at Dashashwamedh Ghat.
- Explore narrow streets ‘Galli’.
- Enjoy street food and local cuisine.
- Become part of cultural events and festivals.
Places to visit
Varanasi is also known as the City of Lord Shiva, because it is considered that the city was created by the Hindu deity Lord Shiva thousands of years ago. The city has become one of the most visited destinations for pilgrims in India. There is a general belief that the city stands on the “Trishool” (Trident) of Lord Shiva.
Varanasi city has a lot of ghats with their religious values, as it is located at the bank of the river Ganga. Ghats are the most peaceful and eye-catching place to visit. People generally enjoy exploring the ghats by sitting in a boat and see ghats one by one. Ghats are the important places of ritual beliefs where people carry out ritual ablutions. There are around 84 ghats at the bank of the river, some of the most important ghats of religious importance are Assi Ghat, Dashashwamedh Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat, Tulsi Ghat, Panchganga Ghat, Harishchandra Ghat, etc.
Sarnath: It is the place where Lord Buddha had given his first sermon to his followers after getting the enlightenment. A museum with historical artifacts, Deer Park, Stupas, increasing it’s beauty.
Ram Nagar Fort: It is located on the opposite bank of the River Ganga, which is accessible through vehicles by crossing the bridge. This is the huge fort of the King of Kashi, known as the Kashi Naresh. Half portion of which is now converted into a museum, displaying King and his family’s belongings.
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple: It is the temple of the Lord Shiva’s Lingam. The top of the temple is made up of the gold and looks very dazzling. It can be visited any time of the year, but the monsoon season has more religious importance. Maha Shivaratri is celebrated here with lots of joy and enthusiasm.
- Sankat Mochan Temple: This is the temple of the Lord Hanuman which is crowded by hundreds of monkeys. People read Hanuman Chalisa daily in front of the statue of the Lord Hanuman.
- Tulsi Manas Temple: It is the gorgeous temple of Lord Ram, Lakshman and Mata Sita, located at Durga Kund near to the Durga temple.
- Kaal Bhairav Temple: It is the temple of a frightful appearance of the Lord Shiva. It can be visited in any time of the year.
- Nepali Hindu Temple: This golden temple was built in the Nepali style at the Lalita Ghat, that’s why it is called as the Nepali Hindu Temple.
- Markandey Mahadev Temple: This is the temple of Lord Shiva, located at Kaithi. It is considered that Lord Shiva had appeared at this place to bless a couple named Mrikandu and Marudvati.
- Mrityunjay Mahadev Temple: This temple is also committed to the Lord of Death i.e Lord Shiva. A religious Well, with disease curing property is located here.
- Vyasa Temple: It is the temple of Veda Vyasa, situated at Ramnagar Varanasi.
- Vishalakshi Temple: It is the temple of Hindu Goddess Mata Parvati, also known as Vishalakshi Maa, placed at Meer Ghat.
- Tilbhandeshwar Temple: It is the temple of Lord Shiva near to the Bengal Tola Inter College.
- Durga Temple: This temple is famous for the Hindu Goddess Durga, located at the Durga Kund. It is of religious importance to visit this temple in the Navratri to worship the goddess Durga.
- Annapurna Temple: This temple is dedicated to the Mata Annapurna, located near to the Kashi Vishwanath temple.
- Sankatha Temple: It is the temple of Sankatha Mata (known as the goddess of remedy) having large statue of a lion and nine planets, situated at the Sindhia Ghat.
- Bharat Mata Temple: This temple has a big map of India engraved in marble, with precise measurement of the geography of India in miniature form.
- New Vishwanath Temple: It is a grand marble temple located in the BHU campus. It is also the temple of Shiva Linga which is usually crowded throughout the year.
- Gauri Matha Temple: It is said that one must worship in this temple before leaving the Kashi, for good luck.