Varanasi City tour help to promote tourism in varanasi. Varanasi is the perfect place to visit if you want to explore culture, tradition, festival and lifestyle of india. We help travelers and students to search them a peaceful accommodation, good Indian food and the possibility to discover the city guided by experienced mentors.
You can also follow varanasi city tour at twitter and like our facebook page to get regular updates on social media.
Who We Are
The idea of establishing VARANASI CITY TOUR generated from minds of passionate independent travellers .To name a few of them Santosh Singh, Rajanish Gupta , Nilesh kumar and many more. Santosh is a Italian language expert travelled Italy, Sweden, France and of course all through India.Rajanish is English and German expert , assistant professor of English at a prestigious college of Varanasi,travelled Germany, Middle East and Indian cities.Nilesh is a software professional based in Delhi with a passion for travelling.While travelling they understood the common and specific issues of travellers, realted to accomodation, tour duration, safety, meals and so on. In order to facilitate tours and address all issues VARANASI CITY TOUR was established. It’s a five year old company with specialization in destination management.
Why Varanasi city Tour
Varanasi city tour provide information about geography, climate, culture, tradition, people, and arts and culture of Varanasi city. We also provide information for tourist such as accommodation, Money Exchanger, ATM machine for money withdrawal, food and a suitable guide for them if they need. Varanasi city is said to be oldest city of world. There are many tourist places in Varanasi. Varanasi city tour help to promote tourism in Varanasi India. Many tourist come to Varanasi every year to explore culture of Varanasi. our Aim is to help them to see beauty of Varanasi and help them to visit important places in Varanasi.
Santosh Singh, who has worked for almost 10 years with an Indian-Italian company, is the director of Varanasi City tour. He is experienced in providing services to professionals willing to deal with local Government Institution, tourist agencies, journalist and academics in Varanasi, Delhi and Mumbai as well as in serving as tutor and guide to both students and tourists . If you need he will be happy to put his experience at your disposal.
Our mission is to help visitors to explore the holy city Varanasi and stare the beauty of river Ganga, Ghats, temples and can become part of religious occasions and enjoy Indian festivals.
Our Goal is to make Varanasi the most memorable destination on earth.
Our vision is to spread amazing and interesting facts and valuable knowledge of Varanasi to all over the world.
Varanasi, the holy city of India, is also known by the name of Kashi and Benaras. Kashi, the city of Moksha for Hindus since centuries, is known for its fine-quality silks, ‘paan’ and Benares Hindu University and Avimukta of the ancient days, Varanasi is the most popular pilgrimage point for the Hindus.
One of the seven holiest cities, Varanasi city is also one the Shakti Peethas and one of the twelve Jyotir Linga sites in India. In Hinduism it is believed that those who die and are cremated here get an instant gateway to liberation from the cycle of births and re-births.
What to do
Varanasi is one of the popular tourist destination in India. Varanasi is oldest city of india. Varanasi is famous due to its temples, ghats, culture and river ganga. The most popular things to do in varanasi.
- Morning Boating in river ganga will fill you with spiritual power. Most of the people can be spotted ar ganga ghats doing yoga and meditation in mornning.
- Temples bells and mantras will release all your problems
- Evening Ganga Aarti at Dashashwamedh Ghat
- kashi vishwanath mandir
- Banaras Hindu university
- Explore narroe streets of varanasi
- Enjoy Street food
- Become part of cultural events
Places to visit
Varanasi is known as the City of Lord Shiva because it is considered as the city was created by the Hindu diety Lord Shiva before thousands of years. Varanasi city has become one of the most crowded destinations for pilgrims in India. There is a general belief that the Varanasi city stands on the “Trishool” (Trident) of Lord Shiva.
Varanasi city has a lot of ghats with their religious values as it is located at the bank of the river Gange. Ghats are the most peaceful and eye-catching place to visit. People generally enjoy visiting the ghats by sitting in a boat and see ghats one by one. Ghats are the important places of ritual beliefs where people carry out ritual ablutions. Around 84 ghats at the bank of the river Ganga are welcoming the city and increase its value of attraction. Some of the most important ghats of religious importance are Assi Ghat, Dashashwamedh Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat, Tulsi Ghat, Panchganga Ghat, Harishchandra Ghat, etc.
Sarnath: It is the great place where Lord Buddha had given his first sermon to his followers after getting the enlightenment. An attractive museum, Deer Park, Stupas at the Sarnath increases its beauty.
Ram Nagar Fort: It is located at the other bank of the River Gange which can be easily reachable by crossing the pool. This is the huge fort of the King of Kashi known as the Kashi Naresh.
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple: It is the temple of the Lord Shiva Lingam which is made up of the gold and looks very dazzling. It can be visited in any season but the monsoon season has religious importance. Maha Shivaratri is celebrated here with lots of courage and joy.
- Sankat Mochan Temple: This is the temple of the Lord Hanuman which is crowded by the hundreds of monkeys. People read Hanuman Chalisa daily in front of the statue of the Lord Hanuman.
- Tulsi Manas Temple: It is the gorgeous temple of Lord Ram, Lakshman and Mata Sita, located at Durga Kund near to the Durga temple.
- Kaal Bhairav Temple: It is the temple of a frightful appearance of the Lord Shiva. It can be visited in any season of the year.
- Nepali Hindu Temple: This golden temple is built in the Nepali style at the Lalita Ghat, that’s why it is called as the Nepali Hindu Temple.
- Markandey Mahadev Temple: This is the temple of Lord Shiva, located at kaithi. It is considered that Lord Shiva had appeared at this place to bless a couple named Mrikandu and Marudvati.
- Mrityunjay Mahadev Temple: This temple is also committed to the Lord of death means Lord Shiva. A religious well with disease curing property is located here.
- Vyasa Temple: It is the temple of Veda Vyasa, situated at Ramnagar Varanasi.
- Vishalakshi Temple: It is the temple of Hindu Goddess Mata Parvati, also known as Vishalakshi Maa, placed at Meer Ghat.
- Tilbhandeshwar Temple: It is the temple of Lord Shiva near to the Bengal Tola Inter College.
- Durga Temple: This temple is famous for the Hindu Goddess Durga, located at the Durga Kund. It has the religious importance of visiting this temple in the Navratri to worship the goddess Durga.
- Annapurna Temple: This temple is dedicated to the Mata Annapurna, located near to the Kashi Vishwanath temple.
- Sankatha Temple: It is the temple of Sankatha Mata (known as the goddess of remedy) having large statue of a lion and nine planets, situated at the Sindhia Ghat.
- Bharat Mata Temple: This temple has a big map of India engraved in marble and known as the Bharat Mata Temple.
- New Vishwanath Temple: It is a grand marble temple located in the BHU campus. It is also the temple of Shiva Linga which is hugely crowded by the people whole year.
- Gauri Matha Temple: This is the temple of the Gauri Matha. People believe that the one must worship here before leaving the Kashi.